BMI (Body Mass Index) calculator can be used to calculate your BMI value. BMI is a measure of body fat based on height and weight that applies to adult women and men between the ages of 20 and 65 years.
BMI is not used for muscle builders, long distance athletes, pregnant and breast feeding women, the elderly or young children. This is because BMI does not take into account whether the weight is carried as muscle or fat, just the number. Those with a higher muscle mass, such as athletes, may have a high BMI but not be at greater health risk. Those with a lower muscle mass, such as children who have not completed their growth or the elderly who may be losing some muscle mass may have a lower BMI. During pregnancy and lactation, a woman's body composition changes, so using BMI is not appropriate.
Interpretation of results:
* BMI <15 - third degree malnutrition (starvation)
* BMI of 15.1-17.4 - second degree malnutrition (emaciation)
* BMI 17,5-18,5 - first degree malnutrition (underweight)
* BMI of 18.5-24.9 - normal
* BMI of 25.0-29.9 - overweight
* BMI of 30.0-34.9 - first obesity class
* BMI of 35.0-39.9 - second obesity class
* BMI > 40.0 - third obesity class (extreme obesity)
What is BMI calculation formula ?
BMI = weight in [kg] / (height in [m])2
BMI = 703 x weight in [lb] / (height in [in])2
This calculator provides calculation in metric units ([kg], [cm]) and imperial units ([lb], [ft], [in]).
Rate the article:
Average rate: 5.00 Ratings: 1